Monday, April 06, 2009

My coloring style

I have had a few emails questioning exactly what someone does with a Digi-Stamp and how my coloring style varies from others. I work almost exclusively with Prismacolor pencils and use Tombow markers for the base colors on cardstock. I have seen and read about prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits??? might need to try this some day. Below are 2 of my Digi-stamps in my etsy shop, I printed them and colored them in my style. Maybe I will try something new for comparison...












5 comments:

DG said...

Great Images!!! You should give the oderless mineral spirits/blending stubs a try - you would prob love the effect it gives! I also hear some use baby oil in place of the OMS. You can do a search on Youtube and check out the technique. Curious to see how you do LOL!!!

~*Joni said...

Dustin, this beary fairy is so adorable. I think your coloring is fabulous as is! I haven't tried your choice of medium yet but from the looks of it, it rivals some of the markers that are hot right now. OMS and pencils are pretty neat, I have yet to perfect it though. :( And I believe the stumps from Taiwan aren't as good as the stumps from China? Something like that...can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

How interesting. I colored theFairy Bear last night and also ended up with brown bear, blue wings and red toadstool with white spots!!! Not as nicely colored and shaded by any means, but I love seeing what you "see" with the images.

Stef H said...

What fun! And gorgeous coloring. Thanks so much for the freebies. Can't wait to play!

Crystal said...

Love the pencils, mineral spirits and stump...I use that technique all the time. It blends so well... great work!!!