Monday, April 23, 2012

WAKE UP!!!

Okay, now that I got your attention!  Don't forget we have a fun challenge going on and you can get a free image when you enter.  See the post below or click on the challenge link on the left of the blog under "Pikes Playground".  I am sure you all are just busy sorting through all the Blogiversary images you just got for a steal of a deal.  There is still time if you haven't picked up your 3000 images for 20 bucks HERE

While your here I wanted to introduce our newest DoodleCrew member.  Introducing Jan.  Here is a little abut Jan below.  Be sure and leave her some love.


Hi, my name is Jan Garber, and I am absolutely thrilled to be joining this crazy zoo they call Doodle Dragon Studios! 


I am a married and early-retired stay-at-home housewife living in Buckeye,  Arizona.  That's a small suburb outside of Phoenix. With the temperatures hovering well over 100 much of the year, I am very happy spending my days creating cards and layouts.

I have one young grandson who inspires me with most of my "kid’s"projects, and a wonderfully supportive husband who encourages me and finances all of my little whims.  I taught kindergarten and Special Education for many years, and get much of my "creativeness" from those many days spent playing with scissors, paint, and crayons!  I’ve been locked away and playing in my room now for about 7 years, only coming out to eat, sleep, and buy more scrapbooking supplies!   I am always trying new techniques and products, and expanding my style.  My coloring has improved immensely from my early days due to a very patient and DEMANDING Copics instructor. I believe some of you may know her as the “slave driver”, Jennifer Dove!  Haha!

 I feel comfortable creating romantic, vintage projects as well as fun, spunky ones.  I have long admired the art by Dustin Pike, and am already imagining all sorts of shenanigans for these characters to get into!  I have a somewhat "edgy", but not terribly crass, sense of humor, so watch out!

Here are a few situations from the past where Dustin’s images have played a role in my unexplainable and insane behavior!






10 comments:

CraftyGirl said...

Hello Jan, I know you will be a great addition to the team. Welcome aboard!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl

Kerri - Big Smiles from Kbear said...

Welcome to the team, Jan! You're going to love it here!

Wendy said...

Love your cards and your grandson looks a real cutie. Keep up the good work.

Wendy

Melissa said...

Great to meet you!!! Awesome cards!!

Renae said...

Great cards. I look forward to watching for your cards in the future.

Renae said...

Great cards. I look forward to watching for your cards in the future.

Renee B. said...

Hi Jan...your cards are adorable!(and so is your grandson!!)

Gramma said...

Crazy? Us? Yes Jenn is a slave driver..albeit a very talented one.
Welcome aboard!
Hugz,
Gramma

Rikki Holley said...

Glad you are part of the team :0)
HUGS
Ri

Jennifer said...

Hi Jan,

Thanks for introducing me to Dustin's great artwork! I love what you've done with some of his images and can't wait to see more!!! :)

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com